Volunteer Opportunity posted by: GoEco – Volunteer Abroad
Be part of a team that strives to proetect the sea turtles and their nesting sites on the beautiful beaches of Costa Rica. Experience the thrill of returning thousands of baby turtle hatchlings to their ocean home!
Come experience the beautiful beaches of Costa Rica and contributing to protecting one of their most vulnerable and beautiful creatures – the baby sea turtle. Costa Rica is the perfect destination for a conservation enthusiast because of its incredible biodiversity and scenic landscapes.
Volunteer Work and Contribution
Volunteers here will be contributing to the protection of sea turtles and their eggs during their peak seasons. The work will involve:
- Construction of hatcheries
- Beach patrols to look for sea turtles and nests (day and night shifts)
- Collecting eggs found on the beach and taking them to the hatchery where they are safe until they hatch
- Releasing baby sea turtles from the hatchery to the sea after they have hatched
- Keeping the beach clean
- Contribute to the safety of these beautiful and vulnerable species.
- Work alongside professionals in the field as well as other like-minded volunteers
- Experience the beauty of Costa Rica and all it has to offer
- All volunteers receive full room and board during their stay (accommodations and 3 meals a day)
- Participate in a fun, engaging, and educational orientation program in San Jose, including Spanish lessons, cultural introductions, and more information on the specific project you will be working on
Apply now to register for the trip of a lifetime!!
Various locations on the Pacific and Caribbean coasts, Provincia de Limón, Costa Rica
- Fee required
- Training provided
- International volunteer options
- International volunteers welcome
- Housing available
- Language/cultural support available
How to Apply